How To Archive Photos on Facebook?
Learn how to hide Facebook photos to get rid of your funky old pics
The Facebook archive photos feature a great way to hide your old elementary FB post. Just know how to archive photos on Facebook; you are halfway there. We get three ways to hide your picture on the application. So once you use them, nobody except you can see those pictures. The process of removing your pictures is straightforward. Here’s how to archive photos on Facebook on your phone.
Top Three Methods To Archive Facebook Photos On Your Phone
People have been deleting their Facebook photos for so long. But why delete when you can know how to archive Facebook photos? After you hide Facebook photos, it gets removed from your timeline and albums. And here are the top three methods you can use to archive photos on Facebook.
Change Their Privacy Setting
The photo privacy setting decides who can see your picture on Facebook. So to archive them on Facebook, you need to keep the privacy of “only me.” Here’s how you can do it.
- Open your Facebook account and go to your FB profile page.
- Here, select the photo you want to archive and tap on three dots icon
- Tap on the edit privacy option.
- Here, choose only me from the given option.
- Once you do it, nobody will be able to see the post.
- You can also manage your post directly.
- Just go to the manage posts option on your timeline.
- Select the picture and tap on next.
- Go to the hide from timeline option.
- Manage your post’s privacy and tap on Done!
Use The Move To Archive Feature
Usually, we have two ways to archive Facebook posts and photos. First, you can remove FB posts either individually or in mass! But here, you can use the move to archive options to hide your Facebook post separately!
Now, follow these steps to use the move to archive options:
- First, go to your Facebook profile.
- Next, select the photo from the timeline.
- Next, tap on the three dots icon.
- Here, Tap on the move to archive option, and you are done!
Manage Your Post Under Activity Log
When you manage your post under the activity log, all your Facebook photos get archived in bulk. FB users usually take this action to archive all photos at once. Above, we shared the guidelines for using the move to archive tip to hide a single Facebook post. Now it’s time to look at how you can do it using an activity log.
- Open your Facebook account and go to the hamburger icon.
- Under settings, search for activity log.
- Tap on manage your post.
- Select the FB pictures you want to remove from the timeline.
- Once you do it, tap the archive button, and you are done!
To remove the Facebook post, we have plenty of options. Also, if you don’t want to keep your Facebook photo, you can delete your FB posts immediately!
How To Archive Facebook Photos On Desktop?
If you are a person who uses their Facebook account on the desktop. You will need to know these steps of how to archive Facebook photos:
- First, open your Facebook account and tap on the profile icon.
- Now, go to the post you want to hide from your timeline.
- Next, go to the three dots icon to select edit audience or move to archive here.
- Both methods will hide the post from your feed and timeline.
How To Unarchive Photos On Facebook?
Facebook is not as straightforward as Instagram when it comes to unarchive photos. You have to repeat the whole step to reach your archived posts. Here are the steps you need to unarchive photos:
- First, open your Facebook account and go to the hamburger icon.
- Under settings, search for activity log and tap on manage your post.
- Next, tap on the archive button, select the photos, and tap on restore!
What Do Archive Photos On Facebook Mean?
After you archive photos on Facebook, all your posts and photos get removed from your timeline and feed. But that does mean you can’t have access to it anymore. You can get those pictures in your FB activity log if you want them back.
How To Delete Old Facebook Posts?
Archiving is not your only option when you want to remove a post on Facebook. But if you want to get rid of the picture forever, you can delete the Facebook post from your timeline. Following are the steps to hide posts on Facebook.
- Open the FB application, and go to the profile page.
- Choose the photo you want to remove from the timeline.
- Go to the three dots icon, and tap on the move to trash.
- Once you do it, your FB post will be deleted within 30 days after moving to the trash.
Since you know ways to archive photos on Facebook, use them to hide your old pictures now. For example, we sometimes create Facebook groups and pages to enlarge our FB accounts and interact with many people. This could be one of the reasons why you would want to archive the Facebook post. But if it’s about a particular person, you can block the person instead.