How to find archived messages on Facebook? Facebook is a well-known social media network used by billions of people that connect people and promotes stronger relationships. Friends use this platform to keep each other updated on their lives. In addition, a built-in messaging tool called Facebook Messenger enables private messaging between family members and friends.
With so many messages being sent and received, there may be occasions when you want to organize and sort your inbox. In that case, you can even create group chats to make it easier to chat with close friends. By using the archiving function, you can keep your inbox organized. How do you, however, get to your archive? Below we will discuss how to find archived messages on Facebook Messenger?
Where To Find Archived Messages On FB Messenger For Desktop?
Facebook Messenger and Instagram allow you to save chat conversations and individual archive messages. In contrast to deleting messages, archiving enables you to store discussions in a “folder” for later access. Archiving is similar to hiding messages from your inbox. Apart from archiving messages, you can even archive stories on FB.
On the desktop, it is effortless to access the archived folder. Follow these below-mentioned steps to access the folder, and by the end of it, you will know where to find archived messages on FB.
- Open Messages at the top of the page, on the menu bar, next to your profile name on Facebook.com.
- At the bottom, you will see the option ‘See all in messenger.’ Tap on it.
- In Messenger, choose Archived Chats by clicking the three dots in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap to open the folder to see the list of chats.
- The folder will display the number of chats in the archived folder. And that is how you can find archived messages on Facebook.
- Facebook also allows you to unarchive or delete the saved messages.
How To View Archived Messages on Messenger On Android Phones?
If your Messenger is updated with the latest software, it is simple to access the archived chats folder.
- On your smartphone, navigate to Messenger.
- Tap on your profile picture from the top of the screen.
- Scroll down, and you will find the option of Archived chats
- Choose the option to see the list of conversations archived in the folder.
This is how you find archived chats on Facebook. Here, in this blog, we showed you two ways to access the archived folder on FB. Also, it is possible to check messages without Messenger on Facebook.
When the feature is included in the Facebook app, there is no need to download another application to chat on Facebook. As a result, checking, deleting, and unarchive messages is simpler.