Are you annoyed of a friend who keeps updating everything on Facebook every hour? So everytime you open the FB app, all you see is their photos or updates! If you want to avoid their posts on your feed, you must know how to unfollow on Facebook! No, unfollowing does not mean you have to unfriend them! It simply means that you won’t be seeing them on your feed everytime they post something on FB.
All you have to do is go to the person’s profile you want to unfollow. Tap on the three dots and select the unfollow option!
But what if there are multiple people that you want to unfollow? Do you have to follow the entire procedure? Well, no! Let’s see how to unfollow on Facebook, be it one friend, a page or multiple people!
How Do You Unfollow Someone On Facebook?
Follow these steps to unfollow someone on Facebook:
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the “search icon.”
2. Search the name of person you want to unfollow.
3. Open the profile of the person and tap on the three dots.
4. Tap “following.”
5. Select “unfollow.”
How To Unfollow A Page On Facebook?
Unfollowing a page on FB is as easy as unfollowing a person. Also, they won’t receive a notification stating that you’ve unfollowed them. Here’s how you can unfollow a page on Facebook:
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Tap on the search icon and search the page that you want to unfollow.
3. Once the page turns up in the search, open it and tap “follow.”
4. Select “Unfollow” from the option.
Simple! wasn’t it easy to unfollow a page on Facebook?
How To Unfollow People On Facebook? (iOS)
We saw above how to unfollow a friend on Facebook. But you wouldn’t want to repeat the same steps every time if you want to unfollow many people and pages at the same time. Follow these steps if you want to unfollow multiple people at one time:
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the “menu icon.”
2. Then tap the “settings icon.”
3. Select “profile settings.”
4. Scroll down and tap “news feed” under feed settings.
5. Under connections, tap “unfollow.”
6. Tap on the people’s names and the pages that you want to unfollow.
How To Follow UnFollowed Friends on Facebook?
If you have changed your mind, you can follow your friends back. Here’s what you must do:
- Open the Facebook app and sign in to your account.
- Now tap on the hamburger icon on the right side.
- Go to settings & privacy and then select settings.
- Now, under preferences, tap news feed.
- Select reconnect from the list.
- Now select the person or the page that you want to follow again, and finally tap done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to know if someone unfollowed you on Facebook?
There’s no way to find out if someone unfollowed you on Facebook. You won’t get a notification from FB that says someone unfollowed you on FB.
Q2. How to unfollow everyone on Facebook?
If you think unfollowing everyone on Facebook at the same time is not possible, then you are wrong! Follow these steps to unfollow multiple friends and pages on FB using the app on your iOS device at the same time:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the “menu icon.”
- Then tap the “settings icon.”
- Select “profile settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “news feed” under feed settings.
- Under connections, tap “unfollow.”
- Tap on the people’s names and the pages that you want to unfollow.
Q3. Can you unfollow someone on Facebook without them knowing?
Yes, if you unfollow a page or your friend on Facebook, they won’t be notified about it. They won’t get to know if you unfollow them on Facebook.
Q4. Can unfollowed friends see my posts?
Yes, even if you unfollow your friends they will still see your posts. If you want to hide your posts from them, you should restrict them on FB.
Q5. What is the difference between unfollow and unfriend on Facebook?
Unfriending is removing the person entirely from your friend list. You won’t see their updates, nor can they see your updates.
When you unfollow someone, you will be unable to see their updates, whereas they will be able to view your updates.
Wasn’t it easy to figure out how to unfollow on Facebook? You won’t receive their updates and you don’t have to unfriend or block them too! So they will never know that you unfollowed them! Isn’t this one of the best features that Facebook has? Well, to unfollow someone, you must open their profile, tap on the three dots and select unfollow! You have saved yourself from seeing their annoying posts!
We also discussed how to unfollow pages and multiple people once! So you don’t have to follow the entire process of unfollowing for multiple times! to do so you have to go to news feeds and unfollow pages and many people at the same time!