How To Block Someone From Seeing Your Snapchat Story?
Here's how you hide your story from someone without even letting them know in 2023
Wondering how you can stop your toxic ex from constantly stalking your Snapchat stories? Say no more! Here is two easy remedies to your “How to block someone from seeing your Snapchat story?” problem. Just because one person is constantly viewing your story doesn’t mean you should stop sharing snaps on Snapchat; instead, you can hide your Snap story from them.
Snapchat is an irresistible social media platform. It offers users all kinds of features. For example, funky Snapchat filters, Snap map, and hey! How can you forget the cool Bitmoji feature? These features enhance your Snapchat story, and you can get as creative as you want with them. Today, we’re going to discuss how to block someone from seeing your Snapchat story and eliminate unnecessary stalkers.
How To Block People From Seeing Your Story On Snapchat?
It’s okay if you don’t want someone to see your story, it might be your parents, your possessive girlfriend/boyfriend, or sometimes even your best friend. If you don’t want them to be updated with your recent whereabouts, you don’t have to block or remove them entirely from your account necessarily block or remove them entirely from your account. Instead, you can easily hide your Snapchat story from a particular user, and you’re about to learn how to do that. Here are the two super easy ways to hide your story on Snapchat from a specific user.
1. Limit Story Visibility On Snapchat
This method is for you if you have removed the user from your account, but they still need to remove you from their friend list. Snapchat gives you complete authority over limiting the number of people who view your story. In this method, you’ll restrict your Snapchat story’s reach only to those who have been added to your friend list. Here are the detailed instructions to limit your Snapchat story’s visibility.
Steps To Hide Your Snapchat Story Using Limit Story Visibility
- Open the Snapchat app and make sure you’ve logged into your account.
- Tap on the Bitmoji at the top left of the screen.
- Navigate to the cog icon and scroll down to “View My Story.”
- Choose “My Friends.”
After this, any story you post can be viewed only by the number of users on your Snapchat friend list.
2. Hide Your Story On Snapchat From A Specific User
If you’re a social butterfly and want everyone to see your story except for that user, then go for this method. Blocking someone from viewing your Snapchat story might sound technically tricky, but it’s not. We’ve simplified the hiding you Snapchat story process in 4 easy steps.
Steps To Block One Person From Viewing Your Story On Snapchat
- On your Snapchat account, navigate to your Bitmoji on the top left of the screen.
- Tap on the cog icon and select “View My Story” from the list.
- Choose “Custom” and type the username of the person you wish to hide your Snapchat story from.
- Tick against their name and hit “Block.”
Now the person whose name you’ve ticked will never be able to see your story on Snapchat again.
What Happens After You Hide Your Snapchat Story From Someone?
Are you worried about what will happen if you block someone from viewing your Snapchat story? Will they know? Will you get in trouble for it? Calm down; here’s everything you need to know about the “After-hiding” dilemma:
- They won’t be able to view your Snapchat story from their account.
- The user will not be notified that you have blocked them from viewing your story.
- You can still view their story and have them on your friend list.
- The blocked user can still access your Snap location if they’re still on your Snapchat friend list.
Pro tip: If you want to cut off a user completely without blocking or removing them, fake your Snapchat location. Because if you hide your story and your Snapchat location, they’ll find out that something’s fishy. So to protect your cover, you can fake your Snap location.
How To Mute Or Hide Story Snapchat Of Someone Else?
The guideline to block someone from seeing your story is above. However, if you are annoyed and want to mute or hide story Snapchat of someone, here’s the guide.
- Open Snapchat and swipe right to left on the screen.
- You will see stories of your Snapchat friends, long-press on the story you want to mute.
- Now, select the more option, and tap on the mute story.
This is how you can give their stories a wide berth and live an unannoyed Snapchat life.
What does “Other Snapchatters” Mean On Your Snapchat Story?
So you recently noticed the “Other Snapchatters” section under your story viewers on Snapchat? Don’t be flustered; here’s what the new “Other Snapchatters” term on your account means.
“Other Snapchatters” is the list of people that comprises:
- People who you haven’t added to your friend list.
- People who have removed you from their Snapchat Friend list.
- Users who blocked your Snapchat account.
If you think someone under the “Other Snapchatters” section is already your friend, then there are chances that they’ve blocked you on Snapchat. However, you can check if they’ve blocked your account on Snapchat.
Now you must worry that if they’ve blocked you, how can they view your story? Don’t panic; no one can see your story after they’ve blocked your account. It’s just that they viewed your story before blocking you.
Don’t worry about your toxic ex, possessive girlfriend/boyfriend, nosy parents, or annoying friends snooping in your Snapchat story. All you have to do is use our how to block someone from seeing your Snapchat story guide and eliminate all the fuss.
Snapchat is one of those rare social media apps that ensure the online safety of its users. Snapchatter can send snaps to friends and keep tabs if someone screenshotting their photos or saving their chats. Although, sometimes you can screenshot a picture without letting the sender know. However, if you want more Snapchat tricks, feel free to visit our website.