How To Share Instagram Post To Story?
Let us see easy ways to share Insta posts from your feed to stories
Reposting and resharing are great ways to boost engagement on your IG profile.
Let us see how to share Instagram post to story in this article. You can do that easily using the paper airplane icon below the post you wish to reshare and repost.
Instagram allows to share posts on stories only from public accounts & only if they have allowed resharing of their posts.
Brands can leverage this feature to increase their engagement and followers on the social media platform. So, without further ado, let us see how to share a post on Instagram story with a step-by-step guide.
How To Share Post On Instagram Story? (Android)
If you come across any inspirational message that you want to share with others, then follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- First, open Instagram on your Smartphone.
- Next, scroll down on your feed and find the post you want to share with others.
- Next, you will see a paper airplane icon below the post, tap on it.
- Now, the share menu will appear, tap on the first option, ‘Add post to your story.’
- The video or the images will automatically be uploaded to your story as a draft.
- In this step, you can add text, and stickers, make any changes you want and share it on your story with friends.
- This is how to share a story on Instagram.
Along with sharing and reposting, users with professional and business accounts can also see who saved their posts. The feature comes in handy to gauge the reaction of the followers and audiences to how well a post has been received. Also, find out how to see who shared your posts on Instagram.
How To Share A Post On Instagram Story On Desktop?
This feature is not directly available on the desktop version of Instagram. It is easier to browse through the web version, but options are limited t when it comes to reposting and resharing on the platform.
There are a few workarounds that you can use to access features on the web.
- Browser tricks- change the browser to developer mode.
- Use third-party apps like Bluestacks, an Android emulator that resembles the entire functions of a phone once installed on your desktop.
- Use social media management scheduler tools.
But if you face any issues while uploading a post to your story, follow the guide to fix the issue by trying some of the solutions mentioned. These workarounds will solve the problem, and you can add posts to stories without issues.
That is it! We have covered everything you need to know on how to share Instagram post to story. We have shown you two ways to share posts on Instagram stories, i.e., from your phone and desktop.
Before sharing, just keep in mind that the account will be mentioned initially and that other users and followers can reach it straight through your narrative. For the content to be shared again, the account must be public.
According to the new feature development, you will soon be able to schedule posts and reels directly from the app.