Are you looking for a way to read the Snapchat message without displaying the ‘Opened’ label? You have landed on the right article that perfectly explains how to see a snap without opening it. Snapchat has enhanced security features that let you know whether the other user you are communicating with has opened your chat or has yet to open it.
There may be occasions when you may not have the time to reply instantly but fulfil your curiosity to read the message in the chat. But to do that, you must know how to see a snap without opening it. Don’t worry. We have got helpful and engaging tips for you that cover this topic.
How To See A Snapchat Message Without Opening It? (Airplane Mode)
When you tap on the messages or stories sent to you, the sender will see an ‘Opened‘ label under your name, thus getting to know that you’ve read it.
Let’s look at how to see a Snapchat message without opening it. The first and easiest way to view a snap without opening it is to browse them in airplane mode. It prevents the sender from knowing that you have viewed their message, despite you seeing it.
But there is a slight trick that makes this method worthwhile. The process is explained below.
1. Switch on airplane mode on your android or iOS device.
2. Head to Snapchat and navigate your way through the chats.
3. All the recent messages and snaps will be available for viewing.
4. Go to the chat you wish to view and see the message.
5. Once you view the message, do not turn off airplane mode. Instead, tap the profile icon in the app’s top right corner.
6. Tap on the gear icon that appears on the right side of the profile tab.
7. Scroll down to the ‘Accounts Action‘ part and tap on clear cache.
8. Tap on ‘Clear All‘ and ‘Okay‘ to confirm.
9. Now, you can turn off the flight mode.
Since you read the message in airplane mode, clearing the cache enables you to delete the latest data before getting refreshed. When the other person views the conversation tab, all they will see is a ‘Delivered’ label beneath your name. This is one method of how to see a Snapchat message without opening it.
View Snapchat Messages- Half Swipe Method
The second method about how to see a message on Snapchat without opening it is to half-swipe on chat messages. Follow the steps below to know more.
1. Open Snapchat on your Android or iOS device.
2. Navigate to the chats you wish to read.
3. Slide your finger down halfway, but not all the way. As you start seeing some part of the message, continue to swipe slowly until a small border appears on the right side of the screen. It should be slightly more than halfway across the screen.
4. By this method, you can read Snapchat messages to that extent without letting the other person know you’ve read them. You can also read more about this Half swipe method.
Snapchat also offers the feature to save Snaps to the camera roll, so you don’t miss out on your perfectly clicked picture.
So, now you know how to see a snap without opening it. However, these methods apply only to those conversations which are there in your friend list. The methods highlighted above are quite helpful. Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates, security, and messaging features that meet the demands of its young audience.