How To Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working?
Here are the top seven tips to fix your camera issue on Snapchat.
Snapchat is different from other social media platforms as it has the most amazing features. Still, the crucial feature of the application is the camera because it’s nothing without it. And if it stops working someday, you will need to know how to fix the Snapchat camera not working.
The camera is crucial since you create memories and send snaps to generate streaks with your friends. And there are various reasons why it can stop working. This article will walk you through the reasons and tell you the tips to fix the Snapchat camera not working issue.
Ways To Fix Snapchat Front Camera Not Working
You can face the issue if you haven’t allowed the camera access to Snapchat. So if you were given access and it’s still not running, check out the other ways to fix the front camera not working problem.
1. Restart Your Application
Restarting the application is one of the best methods to fix the camera not running issue. Here are how you can restart the Snapchat:
- Open the phone’s settings, and go to the applications and permissions.
- Tap on the app manager and select the Snapchat application.
- Under app info, tap on the force stop option.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
Since all social media platforms depend on the internet connection to work, you must see if you have a stable one. Check your mobile network or Wi-Fi connection. Switch it off and on and see if your Snapchat camera not working problem is solved.
3. Fix Snapchat Camera Not Running By Clearing Snapchat Cache
The cache is data that helps your application to run faster. But sometimes, this cache lags the application if they get piled up. Here’s how you can clear it to fix the Snapchat camera not working issue.
- Tap on the profile icon, and go to the Snapchat setting at the top.
- Scroll down, select the clear cache option, and tap on continue.
4. Delete Lens Data
Whenever you load something on the application, its data gets saved in the cache. Which also helps the same thing to load faster next time. So when you load the lens to click a picture, the application downloads its cache. Clear the lens data using the following steps:
- Open the Snapchat application, go to the profile page, and tap on the settings.
- Head to the lenses.
- You will get the option “clear local lens data.” Tap on it.
- Tap on clear button on the screen, and restart the application to see if the Snapchat camera not working issue is ironed out.
5. Look Over App Permissions To Fix Snapchat Camera Not Running
Remember we talked about allowing camera access? You can do it now under app permission if you haven’t done it.
- Open the setting on your phone and head to the applications and permissions.
- Tap on the app manager and select the application.
- Head to the permissions option and tap on the camera.
- Under camera and select the “allow only while using the app” option.
6. Update The Application
If there’s a new update on Snapchat and you didn’t upgrade the application, you can face issues like the camera now working on Snapchat. The process of updating the application is super easy, and here’s what you need to do:
- Open the play store or App store on your phone.
- Type Snapchat on the search bar and tap on the update button.
7. Re-install The Application
Last but not least, re-installation the application. After trying all the methods, if you can’t sort out the Snapchat camera not working issue, re-installation is needed. If you know how to update the application, you are halfway through installing Snapchat again. While installing the application, you will see the install button instead update. All you need to do is tap the button and wait for the application to download again.
So no matter why your Snapchat camera not working, you know the different methods to fix it. If you can’t solve the issue with all these mentioned methods, you must contact Snapchat!