Telegram isn’t a good choice if you want to have an end-to-end encrypted messaging app. That’s why probably you want to know how to delete a telegram account.
Well, there’s no direct way to deactivate your account directly using the Telegram app. But that doesn’t mean you can’t deactivate your profile immediately. There’s a deactivation web link that will help you to get close your account instantly.
And this guide is just going to show you how to delete a Telegram account!
Steps To Delete Telegram Account Permanently (iOS and Android)
Another reason why you want to turn your back on this messaging app is that your friends might be switching to another texting app. Here’s what you must do to get rid of Telegram using the app:
1. Open the telegram app on your phone and tap on the hamburger icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Go to Privacy and security.
4. Now, Scroll down to delete my account option.
5. Tap on If away for to select the duration you want to be away from Telegram. You can choose the duration from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year. By default, 6 months is selected by Telegram. You can choose the 1 month.
6. But you must wait till Telegram deletes your account permanently within the duration that you have selected.
How To Deactivate Telegram? (Desktop)
If you don’t want to wait for a month’s duration to delete your Telegram account, then you must follow these steps on your PC that will help you to get rid of your profile immediately:
1. Open a browser of your choice and go to the Telegram delete account page.
2. Now enter your phone number in the international format ( this includes your country code followed by your phone number. Then click next.
3. You will need to enter the security code that you will receive on your phone.
4. Once you enter the code, it will lead you to the Telegram core page with three options. You must select Delete account.
5. Enter the reason why you want to deactivate your Telegram profile. Now, click Delete my account.
6. Finally, you need to confirm by selecting the first option that says Yes, Delete my account.
Most of its users do not want to use the app because there are some channels that allow people to download movies and tracks illegally. But as you know, there’s no direct way to close your Telegram account using the app. The instant way to do this is to access the Telegram deactivation page. Also, you must delete your contacts before you close your profile.