We all use the Meta messaging app daily to send pictures and videos, share documents and send emojis. Along with this, you can also send GIF on WhatsApp. Emojis and stickers are fun, but you need to use GIFs to excite your conversations on WhatsApp. For example, Maybe it’s a viral meme, a snippet from a YouTube video, or a good morning GIF on WhatsApp for your mom. You have unlimited options!
Today, in this article, we will go through the detailed steps of how to send GIF on WhatsApp to make your conversations with your friends and family exciting.
How To Add GIF To WhatsApp Chats? (iOS and Android)
On WhatsApp, you have unlimited GIFs to choose from. For example, you have a friend who has his birthday, and You have happy birthday GIFs for them. But first, you should know how to share them in your conversations. For that, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Open WhatsApp on your device and go to the chat you want to share GIFs.
- Now tap on the +plus icon on the left of the message box. (Tap the smiley face on the left on Android devices)
- Select Photo and video library. Now select the GIF at the bottom left.
- You can also tap on the sticker icon in the message box and then tap on the GIF icon.
- Now choose the GIF you want to send.
- On the preview screen, tap on the green arrow to send the GIF in the chat.
In the same way, mentioned above, you can send GIFs to a group chat. You can also add a message to the GIFs before sending them to the chat. You can also use a GIF sticker in your chat. It’s also straightforward to access GIF stickers on Whatsapp.
- Go to the chat you want to send the GIFs to.
- Tap on the sticker icon and then tap on the +plus icon.
- You will be directed to the sticker store, where you can download sets of various stickers.
- You must tap the download button next to the stickers with a Play icon.
The stickers with the play icon are GIF stickers for WhatsApp. When you send those in the chat, you will see that the stickers play in the loop, just like a regular GIF. These are also known as WhatsApp animated GIFs.
How To Use GIFs On WhatsApp Web? (Desktop)
Using GIFs on WhatsApp web or desktop is easier. You need to click on the GIF icon on the left of the message box, and you can choose the GIF from the option given or search for new ones. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open WhatsApp web on your browser.
- Click on the smiley icon in the chat at the bottom left.
- Then, click on the GIF icon and choose from the GIFs shown.
- You can also click on the different Genres above to send a GIF on a particular topic.
- Once you have decided which GIF you want to send, click on the green send arrow on the preview page.
That’s all! You have now successfully mastered the skill to send GIF on WhatsApp and make your conversations funny and unique. You can also easily unsend the GIFs by holding on to the message and tapping on delete for everyone. So go ahead and send a funny good morning GIF to your friends or download your favorite movie character GIFs from the WhatsApp sticker store.