If you want to avoid touching the screen every time you play the next song, you should know how to turn off autoplay in YouTube.
The autoplay feature is launched for users to watch videos non-stop. However, everyone likes this feature it’s not necessarily essential. Some users want to listen to songs according to their preferences. For them, the autoplay feature can be a little annoying. And if you are one of them, here you will know how to stop YouTube autoplay in a second!
To stop YouTube autoplay, all you do is, go to any video and turn off the feature on the screen.
This blog will teach you how to turn off autoplay in YouTube in detail. Let’s get started!
How To Turn Off YouTube Autoplay? (Phone)
You must have spent lots of time scrolling down on YouTube. While watching videos, if your second video starts automatically after one gets to end, that’s nothing but autoplay which you want to get rid of. And here is how can YouTube disable autoplay.
- Open your YouTube on your phone.
- Tap on any video you wanna watch.
- Go to the Toggle button at the top of the screen and turn off the autoplay option.
- Once you will do it, your autoplay option will be disabled.
You can use the exact guideline for android and iPhone. Also, these steps were straightforward to do! However, if you are not getting an autoplay option on your screen or your YouTube autoplay keeps turning on, you can try this method to tune off the feature permanently!
- Open your YouTube and go to the profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Here, go to setting.
- Now, tap on autoplay.
- If autoplay is on, go to the toggle button and disable it.
How To Stop YouTube Autoplay? (Desktop)
After figuring out how to turn off autoplay YouTube on the phone, it’s time to see how we can do it on the desktop. Here are the steps you must follow to make your YouTube autoplay off on your desktop!
- Go to chrome and search youtube.com in the search box.
- Tap on any video to YouTube disable autoplay.
- Move your cursor to the toggle button and turn off the autoplay feature.
- Once you will do it, it will be turned off!
Now you know how to turn off auto play on YouTube. However, there are some important things you need to keep in mind about the YT autoplay.
Things You Should Know About YouTube Disable Autoplay
We have mentioned certain things which you should know as a Youtube user:
- If you are underage (below 18), the autoplay will automatically turn off. And if you are above 18, it will be turned on by default. Your autoplay setting can change anytime. So, even if you are underage, you can go to YT and change the autoplay setting anytime!
- No matter whether you use a desktop or mobile phone, you can keep the setting different on both devices. For example, you can disable YouTube autoplay on mobile and simultaneously keep it enabled on your desktop. Yes! So no need to juggle anymore!
- If you were logged in from your YT account and logged in after a while, the autoplay will be enabled automatically!
- Sometimes, the feature also depends on the internet connection. So if you are using mobile data, the feature will get disabled after 30 minutes of inactivation. Similarly, YT autoplay is disabled after 4 hours of inactivation if you are using a Wi-Fi connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How To Disable Autoplay On YouTube In 2022?
You can easily disable autoplay on YT just by pressing the toggle button present on the video. And no matter what device you are using, you need to open any video on YouTube and disable the feature similarly!
Q2. Did YouTube Disable Autoplay Option Remove?
The autoplay feature is designed to give privilege to the user to change the video and listen to what they want. And YT removing the autoplay feature is bogus, so don’t believe such rumors. Also, if you still have a doubt, you can open any video on YouTube and see if the feature is available or not!
Q3. Why Does YouTube Autoplay Keeps Turning On?
Sometimes you can see such things happening with your YouTube account. And there could be many reasons behind it like you must be under 18, you have logged in to your account recently, and your internet source also matters sometimes. So if you use mobile internet and are inactive on YT for 30 minutes, autoplay gets off immediately! Likewise, this happens when you use Wi-Fi connections but are inactive for 4 hours straight.
Q4. How Do I Turn Off Autoplay YouTube On My iPhone?
To know how to disable autoplay on YouTube, you must follow the following steps!
- Open your YouTube and open any random video.
- On the screen, you will see a toggle switch on the top-right side of the screen.
- Press and stop YouTube autoplay!
Q5. How To Turn Off Auto Play On YouTube?
To know how to turn off Autoplay on YouTube mobile permanently, you must look at these steps!
- Go to the profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Here, go to setting, tap on autoplay and turn it off!
YT autoplay is a fantastic feature because it keeps playing videos related to the one you played at first. But still, it can be maddening if it plays even when you don’t want to. And then you wonder how to turn off autoplay in YouTube.
For instance, if you are using your mobile internet to play YouTube videos, and you get distracted and forget that you’re playing videos. All your data will be drained due to autoplay. And this is one of the reasons why someone would dislike this feature. Your reason can be anything to stop this feature; therefore, we came up with this blog on how to disable autoplay on YouTube.
Here are the steps to turn off autoplay YouTube:
- Open your YouTube and tap on any video you wanna watch.
- Go to the Toggle button and turn off the autoplay option.
Besides this, if you are a GIF lover, and wanna know how you can turn your favorite YouTube video scene into GIF, here is how to make a gif from a YouTube video!