How To Stream Switch On Discord In 2023?
Now you can easily stream your Nintendo gameplay on Discord.
If you are an avid gamer, you must know how to stream Switch on Discord since this gaming platform doesn’t have a Discord application.
Just because Switch doesn’t have Discord, it makes the streaming process a little tricky. But it’s not impossible! Firstly you’ll need a desktop or a laptop, an HDMI cable video capture card, streaming software (For this blog, we would use an OBS studio), and your Nintendo Switch.
Here’s the complete guideline on how to stream Switch on Discord using the software on a desktop.
How To Stream Nintendo Switch To Discord?
A video capture card is one convenient way to stream Nintendo Switch to Discord. The only downside is that the capture card can be a bit higher on the price point, which is around $60 to $150. A capture card contains USB-C ports.
First, you need to connect your Switch to the card. Once that’s done, you must set up your desktop and connect your streaming software. If you find the process difficult, you must follow the below steps:
The Setup- Using The OBS Studio
OBS studio provides all the advanced streaming options. Hence, it is preferred by most professional gamers and streamers around the globe. It also offers high-quality streaming resolutions, which makes it worth to stream Nintendo Switch on Discord.
- Place your Nintendo Switch in the dock.
- Then, you must connect your Nintendo Switch dock to the video capture card using the Type C cable.
- Next, plug the USB cable from the capture card into your desktop.
- Then on your desktop, open the OBS studio.
- Click on the +plus icon on the bottom left.
- Name the scene and click on Ok.
- Now click on the same +plus sign again and select the Video capture device option.
- Next, on the dialog box, select Source and click on ok.
- On a new window, you will get the preview from your webcam.
- Next, in the Device section, you must select your Capture card. This will display your Nintendo Switch screen preview.
- Scroll down to the Audio output mode and set it to Output Desktop Audio (DirectSound).
Setup The Video Capture Card – Using VLC Media Player
VLC media players offer basic streaming features compared to OBS studio. But it is the easiest way to stream Switch on Discord using the video capture card.
- Open the VLC media player on your desktop and click on the Media tab.
- Click on the Open Capture device and select your capture card name in the video and audio device name section.
- Click on show more options and enter your video and audio device name in the Edit options section.
- Now, once that’s done, close the VLC media player.
- Next, right-click on VLC media player icon and go to properties.
- In the target section, paste the following command with your capture card name
C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe” dshow:// :dshow-vdev=”Your capture Card name here (Video) (#01)” :dshow-adev=”Your capture Card name here(Audio) (#01)” :dshow-aspect-ratio=”16:9″ :dshow-audio-samplerate=48000 :dshow-audio-channels=2 :live-caching=0 :dshow-fps=60
This will be a shortcut to stream Switch on Discord. Now all you have to do is set up the stream in the server by following the steps below.
The Streaming Setup
Once the setup is ready, you can go to Discord to stream Switch gameplay. Here is how you can do it:
- Now Go to Discord, and log in to your account.
- Next, go to your server and click on the speaker icon to join the voice channel.
- Now, click on the screen button.
- Click on the applications tab in the new window and choose the screen of the OBS studio.
- Now set the streaming quality and click on Go Live.
How To Stream Nintendo Switch On Discord Without Capture Card? (iOS & Android)
The video capture card isn’t very straightforward to stream your Nintendo Switch on Discord. Also, a video capture card can be expensive for many beginner streamers. In this case, you can use the Streamlabs application, which will help you to get your Switch gameplay to Discord quickly. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download the Streamlabs Application from your preferred app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- Allow the app to access your device mic and camera.
- Now choose the widgets you want during the live streaming.
- Next, set up your phone and your Nintendo Switch on the tripod. (You might need to connect your Switch to your mobile using the USB-C cable)
- Turn on the back camera of your mobile phone.
- Go to the Discord app and find the voice channel to share your screen.
- Set the stream resolution, start streaming, and tap on the Go Live button.
That’s it! You can now stream your Switch on the Discord app from your mobile device. But first, ensure that your Nintendo Switch and your mobile are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
We know that wasn’t the easiest way to stream Switch on Discord. But as of now, the methods mentioned above are the only way to know how to stream switch on Discord. If you do not want to purchase a video capture card, you can use the Streamlabs application. In addition, you can connect your Twitch to Discord and easily enjoy streaming your gaming!