How To Turn Off Facebook Sounds?
Turn off Facebook sounds in a matter of seconds by changing the app settings.
Do you find the constant bleeps coming from Facebook annoying? Well, then, you should stick with this article till the end to know how to turn off Facebook sounds on your device.
If you use Facebook regularly, you know how annoying those sounds can become sometimes. Although these sounds are designed to improve user experience, it is sometimes a good choice to turn off Facebook sounds in certain situations.
How To Turn Off Sounds On FaceBook? (iOS Device)
The good news is that Facebook allows its users to turn off the sound that continuously emanates from their iOS devices. Follow the steps to get rid of them.
1. Log in to the Facebook app on your iPhone. Tap on the hamburger icon available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy.
3. Tap Settings under the Settings and Privacy section.
4. Under the preferences section, look for the Media option and tap it.
5. Turn off the toggle to disable the In-App sounds.
How To Disable Sounds On Facebook? (Android Device)
If you have an android device, you can follow these steps to disable the sounds from the Facebook app.
1. Open the Facebook app on your android device. Tap your Profile Icon on the top right corner.
2. Scroll down and look for the Settings & Privacy section.
3. Tap Settings under that section.
4. Then, tap Profile Settings, which appears above your name.
5. You will come across a list of settings options. Scroll down till you find Media and Contacts, and tap on it.
6. Turn off the toggle for the respective settings, and your choices will be saved.
Also, if you don’t want to give away your precious attention to unwanted reels and videos, you can remove them.
Steps To Turn Off Facebook Sounds On The Web
You can even turn Facebook sounds off if you are using the Desktop version.
1. Log in to your Facebook account in your web browser.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner and click on Settings & Privacy option in the menu.
3. Click on Settings that appear in the menu.
4. Select the Notifications option from the Settings list on the left.
5. Scroll down in the list till you find the How You Get Notifications section, and click on the Browser drop-down menu.
6. Turn the Toggle to the off position so that sounds are disabled when you receive push notifications or messages.
If you use Facebook frequently on your desktop, constant notification sounds can annoy you and disturb your workflow. Apart from that, others around you also won’t appreciate that constant beeps.
If you are annoyed with some friend or relative constantly messaging you, learn to mute someone on Facebook.
If you have followed the steps above, you know to turn off Facebook sounds, and your notifications and messages are silenced until you switch them on again.