How To Watch Age Restricted Videos On YouTube? 5 Simple Hacks
How to bypass YouTube age restriction? Watch age-restricted YT videos without signing in.
YouTube is a one-stop-shop for all the video makers and viewers across the globe. People of all age groups invest their time and interest in watching, streaming, and uploading videos. This is great for business, but as a community, the platform has to deploy certain rules and regulations that govern the order and management of these videos. Due to technical hindrance, however, sometimes, videos that aren’t “inherently violent” are hidden from the underage audience. This is why we thought of covering this topic where we tell you how to watch age-restricted videos on YouTube and bypass YouTube age restriction.
How To Watch Age-restricted videos on YouTube?
You can implement a few tricks to bypass YouTube age restriction. Follow these simple hacks to access the age-restricted videos on YouTube.
Hack #1: Add “pwn” before the YouTube URL.
The first hack to get past the YouTube age restriction filter is to add “pwn” before the URL of the YouTube video. Once you do this, the restricted YouTube video will then be available for download. You can easily download the age-restricted Yt video and watch it whenever you want. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to bypass YouTube age restriction:
- Open the YouTube video you’d like to watch.
- Add “pwn” before the YouTube URL in the URL section, then reload the web page.
- This will open the video in http://deturl.com, allowing you to download it as FLV or MP4 files conveniently.
- Not just that, you can also save the video as an MP3 audio file on your device.
Hack #2: Add “NSFW” before the YouTube URL.
Another hack to watch age restricted video on YouTube is to add “NSFW” before your YouTube video’s URL.
- Type NSFW before the video URL to bypass the YT age restriction.
- The NSFW extension allows you to watch the video without signing in to your YouTube account.
- The YouTube video after plugging the extension will open with the prefix NSFW- (https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=5KnyBW5JSXQ)
- So the next time when YouTube asks you to sign in to confirm your age, use this technique to watch age-restricted videos on YouTube.
Hack #3: Delete “watch?” And replace “=” with “/”
Our third trick to bypass the YouTube age restriction is even more straightforward. You don’t have to add anything, all you have to do is delete “watch” from your YT video URL and replace “=” with”/” That’s all you need to do to watch age restricted YouTube videos.
- Open the age-restricted YouTube video you’d like to watch.
- Then in the URL section, delete “watch?” And replace “=” with “/” now hit enter to reload the webpage.
- You will see the page loads without the Sign in prompt on the YouTube video player.
Hack #4: Change your birth year on Google.
The only reason you’re receiving the Sign-in prompt from YouTube is that your age in the Google account (associated with your YouTube) is under 18. So to get past the age restriction on YouTube you need to change your age on your Google account. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you change your birthday on Google so you can watch age restricted YouTube videos without any hindrance:
- Open a Google app. Suppose Gmail. Click your profile picture on the top left, and tap Manage your Google account.
- Now in the menu, tap Personal Info, and under birthday change your birth year to make yourself 18 years or above. Once done, click Save.
- Now, in order to watch age-restricted videos on YouTube, open the YouTube app and subsequently the overage video you’d like to watch.
- The age-restricted prompt will still appear, but you can bypass it by signing in to your Google account. Your age, according to Google, is now over 18. This allows you to watch all the videos, even those mainly hidden behind a legal age.
Hack #5: Add Repeat After YouTube In The URL
In this method, you need to add “Repeat” after YouTube in the URL. This will redirect you to another website where you can watch age-restricted YouTube videos without any restriction. You won’t need to sign in or use your Gmail to access the age-restricted YT video in this hack.
Parental Controls On YouTube
We do not recommend watching underage content if you’re not above the legal age. We strongly recommend switching to healthy alternatives like YouTube kids. We advise all the viewers to read YouTube’s terms and conditions carefully before using the alternatives mentioned above. All the options we shared with you are against YouTube’s TOS and made available solely for educational purposes. Do not misuse the links to watch illegal, inappropriate, or underage content that puts your account at risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.How do I confirm my age on YouTube?
To confirm your age on YouTube, you need to verify your birthday on the Google account that you used to sign into YouTube. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the steps to verify your age on your Google account.
Q2. How can I watch restricted videos on YouTube without an account?
If you wish to view restricted video content on YouTube without an account, then you need to refer to our hack 5. Using the hack 5, you can watch any age-restricted YouTube video without signing in or using your Gmail account.
Q3. How do you watch over 18 content on YouTube?
If you want to watch over 18 content on YouTube, you need to disable restricted mode enabled on your account.
Q4. How do I bypass age verification on YouTube Mobile?
Here’s how you can bypass age verification on YouTube mobile:
- On your smartphone, launch the YouTube app.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap the profile photo.
- Select Settings.
- Pick General from the list of choices.
- Toggle off the bar next to Restricted Mode by scrolling down.
Q5. How To Get Past YouTube Age Restriction?
To get past the YouTube age restriction, you can do two things:
- Disable the age-restricted mode on YouTube
- Use the above-mentioned hacks to watch age restricted YouTube content elsewhere
We hope this guide will help you watch age-restricted videos on YouTube without any discomfort. Here’s a recap on how to bypass YouTube age restriction that we covered in detail above:
- Add “pwn” before the YouTube URL.
- Add “NSFW” before the YouTube URL.
- Delete “watch?” And replace “=” with “/”
- Change your birth year on Google.
Another way to watch age restricted YouTube videos is to disable the YT restricted mode. This way, you won’t have to worry about bypassing the age restriction on YouTube every time you come across restricted content.