How To Be Invisible On Facebook?
Browse Facebook in hidden mode and not let anyone know you're online.
Do you want to hide your active status while browsing Facebook and not let anyone know you’re online? You have landed on the right page where you will know how to be invisible on Facebook and appear offline. You can enter stealth mode and browse the newsfeed uninterrupted.
The social media giant makes it easy for you every day to share information, photos, and life events with your friends. But sometimes you don’t want to engage with friends for the moment. That’s when you should know how to be invisible on Facebook while browsing through your feed.
How To Go Invisible On Facebook? (iOS & Android)
We will guide you through the steps to be invisible on Facebook in three ways: The web browser, FB mobile app, and the messenger mobile app. Let’s explore the steps to go invisible on your Facebook app on your smartphone.
1. Sign in on the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android device. Click on the three-band icon that appears right below your profile image in the top right corner.
2. Tap on ‘Settings and Privacy’ that appears in the drop-down menu.
3. Go to ‘Settings’ option after entering the ‘Settings and Privacy‘ section.
4. Tap on ‘Profile Settings’ that appears near the top of the screen.
5. Once you enter the settings section, look for the ‘Active Status’ option. Turn off the toggle button.
This ensures you appear offline even when actively browsing the social media app.
How To Be Invisible On FB? (Desktop)
You can follow the steps outlined below to turn off the active status while using the social media site in a web browser.
1. Open Facebook on your PC or Mac browser and log in.
2. Click the Messenger icon that appears in the top right corner.
3. Click on the Three dots appearing near the top of the messenger drop-down.
4. Click on Active Status in the drop-down menu that appears.
5. A pop-up will appear giving you the option to turn off active status for all contacts, turn on for some contacts or turn off active status for only selected contacts. If you choose the latter two options, you must enter the names of specific contacts as per the chosen option.
6. Click OK and turn off the toggle option when you are done.
Now, you can easily browse your newsfeed on the web browser without letting anyone know you are online.
How To Be Invisible On Messenger?
You can use this feature and be invisible on the Facebook messenger app. To do this, you can follow the steps stated below. The functionality of the app on iOS and Android is almost identical. The process to be invisible on Facebook Messenger is almost the same on both platforms.
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon available in the top left corner.
3. Next, tap on the gear icon that appears beside your profile name at the top of the screen.
4. Tap on ‘Active Status’ option. Turn off the toggle button that appears in the menu option.
Now, you have turned off your active status on the messenger app, and you can browse through the app without letting any of your friends know you are online.
However, if you want to hide your old pictures and moments from your colleagues, you can archive Facebook posts and keep those pictures hidden from your friend list.
Sometimes it becomes too much, and you’re fed up with being constantly pestered while scrolling your news feed. If you wish to turn off your active status and chat with some specific people secretly without letting others know you are online, you can do so by following the directions elaborated in this ar.
You can refer to this guide whenever you want to learn how to be invisible on Facebook on a specific platform. By turning off this active status, you will appear offline for every web browser or mobile app you log in with the same Facebook account. And you can browse the newsfeed or chat with a few people without getting overwhelmed by tons of messages from other people.