Instagram is a platform with billions of people sharing their moments through pictures and videos. The only place you get to share your thoughts on Instagram is the comment section. But with Instagram threads, you get to share your thoughts and opinions more often. Thread is a new application launched by the IG team for mainly sharing text updates and joining public conversations. The application gives a Twitter-like feeling through the interface. This blog will tell you what Instagram threads are and how you can get them on your phone in no time, so keep reading.
What Are Threads From Instagram?
The Instagram team has recently rolled out Threads that enable you to express your thoughts through text and join the public conversation. While this is a no-brainer, it is also a great way to connect to like-minded people through discussion, including people you follow on Instagram.
Since it has a Twitter-like interface, your feed on this app includes threads posted by users you follow. It is advised to use up to 500 characters long, including links, photos, and videos up to 5 minutes in length. And luckily, Threads allow you to share your thread post on the IG story to share your thoughts with people who aren’t available yet on Instagram threads.
How To Get Threads From Instagram?
IG team has launched the Threads to conduct positive and productive conversations. And now that you have decided to bare your soul out on Threads, the following are the steps to get and set up your Thread account.
1. Go to the App Store/ Play Store on your phone and head to the magnifying glass.
2. Type out the Instagram threads on the search bar.
3. Tap on the Get button.
5. Once you installed the application successfully, it’s time to set up your threads account. Open the application, and head to your Instagram account option at the bottom.
6. Now, you can create your Instagram Threads profile by creating a new bio or just tap on the import from IG. Tap on the continue option at the bottom.
7. Select your account’s privacy. To grow your Thread account and reach the maximum audience, you must make it a public profile.
8. You can individually choose people to follow or follow everyone by tapping on Follow All option at the bottom.
9. On the next page, you will see how threads work interface. Tap on the Join Threads option, and ta-da! Your account is all setup.
Instagram Thread Compatible With Interoperable Networks
The Instagram team has grid up their lions to make Threads compatible with ActivityPub, the social networking protocol built by W3C. This would make Threads interoperable with other application working with the ActivityPub protocol. They say it will give the creators more control over their audience on Threads. IG team’s vision is to connect people on Thread without using the application. And they believe working with ActivityPub will make this dream come true.
Slangs Used On Instagram Threads
While the Instagram Thread has a buzz all over the internet, it has also created self-proclaimed lingos in a short time. Here are Thread’s lingo updates:
- OTB- Original Thread By
- Rethread- Basically repost (just like a retweet)
- Loose End- It’s used when the Thread’s algorithm stops working.
- Ripped- Cancelled
- Knotted- It’s used when you do a collab post.
On Threads, just like IG, you can follow, unfollow, block, restrict, or report a profile. You can control who can mention you or reply to you within Threads. Now that you know everything about Instagram threads, try this application to express your thoughts.