How To Remove Connections On LinkedIn?
Here's how you can remove unwanted connections from LinkedIn.
You can get so many professional connections on LinkedIn. And you also have the opportunity to get to know many people who can help you build your career. But sometimes, your profile can get saturated with many unnecessary people, and you might want to eliminate them. Also, it is not that complicated to remove connections on LinkedIn. And keeping your profile up to date on any social media platform is very crucial in today’s day and age.
But before you remove someone from the platform, it’s essential to know how to make connections on LinkedIn. So today, in this guide, we will explain how to add and remove connections on Linkedin.
How To Delete Connections On Mobile? (iOS & Android)
LinkedIn allows only 30,000 connections. If you have already reached the limit, you can try and remove some unwanted people from the platform. But you can not delete multiple people in one go. Whether you use a desktop or your mobile devices, you can remove LinkedIn connections only one at a time. On mobile, you do have to tap deep into your profile, and there are an extra few steps you must follow.
- Open the LinkedIn app on your device and go to your profile.
- Now Go to My network under resources and tap on Manage my network.
- Tap connections and choose the connection you want to remove.
- Now tap on 3 dots and click on remove connection.
Another method is to follow the steps above, but instead of tapping on remove connections, you can go to their profile and then tap on the 3 dots on the right and select remove the connection.
How Do You Remove LinkedIn Connections? (Desktop)
It is comparatively easy to remove your LinkedIn connections on a desktop, and here’s how you can do it.
- Open LinkedIn on your browser.
- Go to My Network and select Connections on the left.
- Then go to the connection you want to delete and click on the three dots on the side.
- Click Remove connection to delete the connection.
Another way you can do this is by going to the person’s profile on LinkedIn and deleting the connection. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the LinkedIn profile of the person you want to remove.
- Click on More under the profile picture.
- Now click on Remove Connection.
Repeat the process to remove other connections on LinkedIn, and that’s all.
How To Add Connections On LinkedIn?
Now that you know how to remove connections on LinkedIn, you should also know that adding people to your profile is relatively easy. All you have to do is search for the person’s name to want to add and then send a connection request to them. Or you can sync your contacts to connect with people you already know. You can also go through the suggested profiles to connect with people. Also, adding connections is the same on mobile and desktop here’s how you can connect with people on LinkedIn.
- Open the LinkedIn app or website on your device.
- Go to my network.
- Then scroll down to see the suggested profiles.
- Tap/Click on Connect to send the request.
Another way to connect on LinkedIn is to search for the profile you want to connect with.
- Now open the profile and click or tap on more.
- You can add a note and then click on connect.
Don’t worry about filling up your account with too many unwanted connections because you now know how to remove connections on LinkedIn. Remember to avoid adding too many unnecessary associations, as the platform allows 30,000 people to be added to your profile. Additionally, you need to constantly update your profile by adding experience. So go ahead and make valuable connections on LinkedIn.