How To Change Chat Settings In Snapchat?
Change how and when the messages can disappear on Snapchat.
On Snapchat, you can text and send snaps to various people simultaneously. You can also create streaks, but managing all your messages and groups on Snap is essential. Hence, you should know how to change chat settings in Snapchat. Also, if you do not want to receive Snap notifications 24×7, you can adjust them in the snap chat settings. Although the app deletes the messages after 24 hours, you can also decide when to remove messages on your own in the chat.
So If you are ready to learn more accessible ways to configure your snap settings, here’s a guide for you on how to change chat settings in Snapchat.
How Do You Change Chat Settings On Snapchat? (iOS & Android)
It’s straightforward to access and change snap chat settings. But you have to configure each chat separately. For example, you can change the timing for deleting chats in the settings and manage your message notifications and sound.
Also, you have a toggle switch to turn on or off for Snap games notifications. You can also pin the conversation at the top of your chat list. And you can also create a chat shortcut to your device’s home screen. So here’s how you can access your snap chat settings.
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile.
- Tap on the chat section at the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap on the conversation and select chat settings from the menu.
- Here you can change your snap chat settings. Tap on the setting you want to change, and that’s all!
How To Change Location On Snapchat? (iOS & Android)
There’s no official way to change your location on Snapchat. You will have to use VPN to bypass the Snap app location restrictions. Many users alter their location to trick their friends into thinking they are elsewhere.
Additionally, you might want to fake your location on Snapchat to access regional-specific filters. You can also change your snap chat settings and turn off your location by toggling on Ghost mode on Snapchat. Or you can choose who can see your location on Snapchat by selecting your preferred privacy option.
Regardless, being able to change your location will allow you to access stuff that is unavailable in your country or region. Fortunately, many VPN software has built-in GPS spoofing functions, allowing you to change your IP address. So here’s how you can use VPN to change your location on Snapchat.
Change Your Snap Location On iOS
- Download a VPN app from the apple app store. For example, Nord VPN.
- Connect to a server in the location of your choice using the VPN software.
- Now your IP address will be changed.
- Open Snapchat after you’re connected.
- Go to your bitmoji in the top left and scroll down to Snap Map.
- Open the Snap map, and your location will be changed. Have fun!
You can also fake your Snapchat location on iOS by using the iMyfone app.
Fake Location Snapchat On Android
- Download a VPN app from Google Play Store.
- Go to Settings in the VPN app.
- Turn on the GPS Override feature.
- Go to your build number in the settings.
- You should get a notification saying that you are now in Developer Mode after tapping the Build Number seven times.
- Scroll through the Developer choices until you find Select Mock Location App.
- Now choose your VPN app, and that’s it!
How To Change Snapchat Settings Icon?
First of all, only Snapchat+ members can change the Snap app icon on their devices. This feature was launched in July 2022. In simple words, Snapchat+ is the paid version of regular Snapchat. Here’s how you can change or customize your Snap app icon using Snapchat+.
- Open the Snapchat App and go to your bitmoji at the top left corner.
- Tap on Snapchat+ and tap on the App icon.
- Now choose the icon you want and tap on OK.
You need to pay $3.99 per month to get Snapchat+.
That was all you need to know about how to change chat settings in Snapchat and make it more accessible per your needs. As Snapchat does not have a feature to change your location, you can use VPN services to fake your in-app location.
Also, to change the Snapchat app icon on your mobile device, you need to get Snapchat+ for $3.99 per month. You can use a third-party app to create customized Snap app icon shortcuts on your phone, but we do not guarantee information safety by using these apps. So go ahead and customize your Snapchat and Happy Snapping!