How To Use WhatsApp On Apple Watch?
Now you can use WhatsApp on your wrist without using your iPhone!
It is frustrating to open your phone and reply to a text on WhatsApp every time you receive one. Sometimes you may not have your phone, but guess what? You have your iWatch! And that’s the advantage of having an Apple Watch. So you can easily use WhatsApp on Apple Watch. However, as of now, the features are limited, but you can work with them. For example, you can send a voice message and reply to the messages with the suggested responses. But first, you need to set up and connect your watch to your iPhone by toggling a few settings on your phone.
This guide will go through how to use WhatsApp on an Apple Watch and connect your iWatch to your phone by tapping on a few controls.
Table of Contents
How To Put WhatsApp On Apple Watch?
Meta does not have an official WhatsApp app for the Apple Watch. But you can still get notifications of all the conversations from WhatsApp on your iWatch. For this, you need to connect WhatsApp to Apple Watch. Here’s how you can do it.
If you haven’t connetcted your Apple watch to your iPhone, turn on Bluetooth on your phone and connect it to your iWatch.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your phone and go to notifications.
- Scroll down to Mirror Alerts From and select WhatsApp.
- Toggle on to receive WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch.
Also, you need to turn on WhatsApp notifications for your iPhone if you have turned them off.
- Open your iPhone settings app and go to the notification.
- Then, go to WhatsApp and turn on Allow notifications for the app.
- Now, select show notifications in the Notifications center, lock screen, and banners.
How To Reply To WhatsApp Messages On Apple Watch?
First, you cannot start a new chat on WhatsApp using your Apple Watch. However, you can reply to the notification received on iWatch. Also, you can respond by using the scribble or sending a voice note to the sender. You can edit the suggested replies for the messages in your Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Here’s how to reply to WhatsApp messages on Apple Watch.
- Once you have received the message, tap on it, and you will see the suggested replies.
- Tap on the one you want to reply with, and it will be sent to the other person.
- You can tap on dismiss to clear the notification.
To scribble or send a voice message, you need to:
- Then, tap on the empty reply field.
- Then scribble the words or letters you want to reply with on the dotted screen, and the Apple Watch will convert it into text.
- You can add emojis by tapping the emoji icon on the bottom left.
- To send a voice message, tap on the microphone icon on the bottom right of your watch screen.
Once you are happy with the message, you can tap send on the top right to send the message.
How To Edit Suggested Replies For WhatsApp Messages On Apple Watch?
Using your iPhone, you can easily edit your Apple Watch app’s default replies for WhatsApp messages.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Then go to the My Watch tab and select messages.
- Go to default replies and tap on edit.
You can tap on a default reply and type the text you want as a suggested reply. You could also shift replies either up or down the priority list to enable the most often-used replies faster to find.
Third-party Apps To Use WhatsApp On iWatch
We know that you cannot use all the usual WhatsApp features on the Apple Watch. Therefore, you can use Chatify and WhatChat2, the most trusted apps to operate the messaging app on your iWatch. Both Chatify and WhatChat2 have similar features. They provide features like viewing chat images, listening to voice messages, and viewing emojis and stickers.
You can also see when the other person is typing in the chat. Also, you can type your replies using the keyboard provided. The apps also allow you to start a conversation in the iWatch version of WhatsApp.
The steps are the same to install Chatify and WhatChat2 for your iWatch.
- Open the App store on your iPhone and search for Chatify or WhatChat2. (For the sake of explaining the step, we have chosen Chatify as an example)
- Open the Chatify app on your Apple Watch, and you will see a QR code.
Now you need to scan the QR code from the iPhone version of WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to settings.
- Now go to Linked devices and enter your passcode.
- Then scan the QR code in the Apple Watch and connect Chatify to your watch.
Once connected to third-party apps, you can easily use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. However, the apps, Chatify and WhatChat2 claim to be free. You do have in-app purchases that unlock additional premium features. For Chatify, you can upgrade to the app’s premium version for $4.99. For WhatChat2, you can upgrade to a premium by paying around $2.99.
To sum up, using WhatsApp on Apple Watch is not rocket science. You can easily connect the messaging app to your iWatch and start messaging and replying to the conversations from your wrist whenever you do not have your iPhone. Besides the WhatsApp calling feature, you can use all the features on your iWatch. However, you can see the notifications of calls you received on WhatsApp, but to answer or decline the call, you need to use your iPhone.
Also, with the help of third-party apps like Chatify and WhatChat2, you can easily add extra features of WhatsApp for your iWatch. It would be best to be cautious about using third-party apps and sharing your information. That’s all for using WhatsApp on Apple Watch, and you can go ahead and get your daily chatting on your wrist easily and quickly.