How To Add Family Member To YouTube TV?
Enjoy YouTube TV with your family by adding them to your subscription!
Having an individual subscription to YouTube TV can cost you a fortune. But what if you could split the subscription? Guess what? Now you can easily add family member to YouTube TV subscription using the family sharing feature on the platform. You can add up to 3 members to your YouTube family and become a family manager. But first, you must set up family sharing on your YouTube TV account.
Along with adding family members to YouTube TV, you must also know how to send an invite to join the subscription plan.
How To Use YouTube Tv Family Sharing?
You may use the service to view various live content for a little monthly cost. In addition, a family manager can add a family member on YouTube TV who is 13 years or older.
You may create your content library on YouTube TV as a family group member. YouTube does not disclose your library or viewing histories with your family group; your viewing choices and DVR are entirely private. You may also use other Google services with the same family members when you share YouTube TV with them. Before you can start distributing your YouTube TV subscription to others, you must configure sharing in the app. Here’s how to create and maintain YouTube Tv family sharing.
We assume that you’ve previously subscribed to YouTube TV. If not, you may sign up for a free trial of YouTube TV, but keep in mind that it only lasts for two days before your credit card on file is charged for the subscription’s cost.
Let’s begin with setting up YouTube TV family sharing on your device.
- Open YouTube Tv and go to your profile on the top right.
- Next, click on the settings and select Family sharing. (You can also add premium channels here)
- Now in the dialog box, read all the information carefully and click Continue.
- Now type the email of the people you want to add and select Send.
An email invitation to join the group will be sent to your family members, who can then check in with their Google accounts.
How To Accept Invitation To Join YouTube Tv Family Member?
If you are a family member who has been invited to join the YouTube TV group, you can join the group by:
- First, open your Gmail and the mail you received from Google.
- Click Accept Invitation and then click on Get started.
- Confirm your account and click on Join Group.
- Click view Family to see who all are in the group.
- Click Go to begin using YouTube TV as a member of the family group.
You can resend the invitation if a member of your family group cancels or if it becomes invalid. In addition, you can cancel any pending invites to add another family member to YouTube TV.
How To Manage Family Sharing On YouTube Tv?
You can remove members of your family group at any moment if you manage it. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to setting on YouTubeTv and then select Family sharing.
- Next, click on manage and then click on the person you want to remove.
- Click Remove member in the dialog box.
If you want to add a member to YouTube TV family sharing again, click on the plus icon, type the email of the person you want, and click send.
You cannot terminate your subscription to YouTube TV on your own; only the family manager has the power to do so.
How To Leave Or Delete A Family Group?
Before creating a new family group, you must leave your current one. You cannot be in two groups at the same time.
- Select your profile picture and go to Settings after logging into your YouTube TV account.
- Then go to Family sharing, select manage, and you will be directed to your family group.
- Select Leave family group from the menu on the left.
- Confirm in the dialog box that you wish to quit the group and enter your Google password.
- You won’t have access to YouTube TV family sharing, and you won’t be a part of the Google family group anymore.
The Google family group cannot be rejoined after you leave it. However, you can still access all the personal services on your Google account.
Delete the Family Group
The family manager can only delete a family group that also serves as the group’s creator. Ensure that account is used for logging into both YouTube TV and Google.
- Select your profile photo and Settings after logging into your YouTube TV account.
- Choose Family sharing from the menu on the left.
- Choose Manage.
- Delete family group can be found in the left menu.
- Once more, enter your password, then click the Confirm button.
- Only you can utilize your YouTube TV membership after the group has been deleted.
You can not use YouTube TV family sharing if you have a Google Apps for Business (G Suite) account.
What Are Family Group Requirements?
The family group members and the manager should meet specific requirements to access YouTube Tv family sharing. We have mentioned them below:
Family Manager Qualifications
- Own a Google account and be at least 18 years old
- Residing in the USA.
- Not be a member of another family.
- Not having a G Suite account when registering.
- Notably, the family manager is the only one with authority to control your YouTube TV account, including termination.
Family Member Qualifications
- Own a Google account and be at least 13 years old.
- Live with the family manager in the same home.
- A resident of the same nation as the family manager
- Not be a member of another family group.
Since the home area must be selected as the family manager, YouTube will prohibit any efforts to access the YouTube TV family-sharing service from another location via a separate Wi-Fi. This is due to the requirement that all membership recipients be family members. If you have a plan that allows you to use that much data without paying a lot of money, one way around this is to stream YouTube TV using a cellular connection.
After 90 days, if none of the family group members utilize their YouTube TV subscription, they will be immediately deleted, and you will need to re-invite them. Finally, the base plan from YouTube only allows you to use YouTube TV on three devices (not 5) at once in your home. However, if a member streams YouTube TV simultaneously on numerous devices, they may use more than one access device.
That’s all you need to know about how to add family member to YouTube TV. Also, you now know the requirements and how to manage your Family group on YT TV.