Are there times when you regret responding to a coworker’s message angrily or without thinking clearly? Meta-owned chat messaging service has finally understood our emotions and can now let us unsend a message on WhatsApp. Let us dive right into the process of how to unsend WhatsApp messages.
How To Unsend Message On WhatsApp?(Delete For Everyone)
Though deleted messages won’t appear on your end of the conversation, they may still be visible to the recipient. So, even if you are quick to act on it and delete the message for everyone, there is a chance the recipient might see the notification even before you try and undo the message. Remember that deleting a message and unsending it is the same thing.
As per the new updates, users can delete unwanted messages over 2 days and 12 hours from a group or personal chat. Earlier, the time limit was only 60 minutes or so. So, if you are wondering whether can you unsend a message on WhatsApp, then the ability to delete messages includes text, videos, GIFs, photos, voice messages, etc.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap to open a chat whose message you wish to delete
- Tap and hold the message and select the option of ‘delete for everyone.’
- The said message will get replaced by ‘You deleted this message’.
How To Delete A Message From WhatsApp Group?
Similarly, in a group chat, you can delete a message only for yourself, as others in the group can still view the message. Only if you are the group admin can you delete any other participant’s messages for everyone. Follow the steps below to find out how to unsend message on WhatsApp:
- Open the group chat
- Go over to the message you want to remove
- Click Menu
- Select delete message for everyone
- The message will be replaced by ‘This message was deleted by admin’.
Admins can now control content in active groups and communities by removing offensive posts and other media from all users’ devices. In addition, it gives authority to the admin to remove unwanted media like photos or videos of any offensive nature.
How To Delete A Message For Everyone On WhatsApp Desktop?
- Open the WhatsApp web on your computer.
- Select a group or a private chat where you want to delete a message.
- Hover over the message, right-click, and from the multiple options given
- Select delete for everyone or delete for me
This is how you can unsend a message on WhatsApp from private, group chats, and even on the desktop. The process is simple and gets done with a few single taps on your smartphone or desktop. Also, remember that once the messages are deleted, they cannot be recovered unless you regularly take backups of your chat.