How To Sign Out Of LinkedIn?
Protect your crucial information by knowing how to sign out of LinkedIn across all devices.
Are you finding it difficult to figure out how to sign out of LinkedIn? Perhaps, you are trying it hard but somehow cannot locate the LinkedIn log-out option. It is absolutely fine if you come across this situation since we are so accustomed to keeping ourselves logged in with the ‘Remember Me’ feature that we almost miss the part about how to sign out of LinkedIn.
How To Log Out Of LinkedIn? (iOS & Android Devices)
Whether you are an iPhone or Android user, you can log out of the professional networking app by following the steps below. They are the same for both types of devices.
1. Open the LinkedIn app on your device.
2. Tap on your profile picture in the top left-hand corner.
3. You will come across the ‘Settings’ option at the bottom. Tap it.
4. Scroll down till you find the Sign Out option. Tap it, and you will be logged out of your Linkedin app on your iPhone or Android device.
LinkedIn Sign Out On A Desktop
You might be using a shared PC while going through your LinkedIn feed, and it is vital that you log out from such devices to prevent any misuse of your professional data. Execute the steps below to learn the LinkedIn logout method on a desktop.
1. Open LinkedIn from your web browser on your desktop.
2. You will see the ‘Me‘ button at the top right below your profile picture. Click on it.
3. Click on the ‘Sign Out‘ button at the bottom of the menu that appears.
You are now logged out of the professional networking platform after following the steps highlighted above.
It is always a smart move to log out of LinkedIn. This enables you to keep your data safe in case of a data breach, which is rare on such a secure platform. But still, it may happen.
Also, if someone else has access to your network, post data, etc., there are high chances of misappropriate use of that data. Although it is convenient to stay logged in on such social platforms, logging out is always recommended to prevent any possible data breaches or attacks online.
Ending The Active Sessions On LinkedIn
What if you lost your phone and want to log out from LinkedIn on that lost device? Follow the steps below to safeguard your data on the networking platform.
1. Access your LinkedIn on another device. Tap your profile picture that appears in the top left corner.
2. Tap the ‘Settings’ option appearing at the bottom. Then, tap ‘Sign in and Security.‘
3. Then look for the option of ‘Where you’re signed in‘ and tap it.
4. Tap the ‘End‘ button to end the session on the previous device. This also helps to end the session on your existing device and log out of LinkedIn.
The professional streaming platform creates new sessions whenever you log into your account from a different device. Each active session stores crucial information like the device’s IP address, location, and device type. It is always better to end the active sessions from all devices once you are done with browsing.
Now that you know how to sign out of LinkedIn, never forget to leave your account logged in the next time you browse your professional networking platform.