How To Update Instagram?
Get all the latest features on Instagram by updating it. The process is simple than it sounds!
If you face any errors on the IG app, the first thought that comes to your mind is how to update Instagram. This doesn’t mean you need to reinstall the app every time. You simply need to upgrade the app to its latest version.
Also, Meta consistently updates new features on Instagram to enhance the user’s experience. Wouldn’t you want to have all the new updates? So here’s how to update Instagram simplified in this guide.
Table of Contents
How To Update Instagram On iPhone?
To enjoy all the new features, you must have the latest version of Instagram on your iOS device. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Now, enter Instagram in the search bar.
3. Finally, when Instagram appears, tap update to get the app’s latest version on your iOS device.
How To Update IG Automatically On iOS?
If you’re tired of going to the app store every few days, then you must choose to upgrade the app automatically. Here’s what you can do:
1. Open the settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now scroll down and tap on App Store.
3. You must turn on the toggle for App Updates.
So whenever there’s a new update for any app, it gets downloaded on your iOS device automatically. You no longer have to follow the manual process of upgrading to the latest version of the IG app.
How To Update Instagram app? (Android)
The only difference to upgrading the IG app on an Android device is that you need to use the Google Play store. Installing the latest Instagram updates from any other or unknown source is not safe for your device. So here’s how you can install the latest update for the IG app:
1. Open the play store on your android phone.
2. Now, search Instagram in the search bar.
3. Once the app shows up, tap update to upgrade it to its latest version.
How To Auto-Update Instagram?
If you do not want to follow this procedure every time, you can choose to auto-update Instagram from the app itself. So every time there’s a new update, it will automatically get upgraded to the app’s latest version. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on your profile icon.
2. Now tap on the hamburger icon on the top right.
3. Select settings.
4. Scroll down and tap on about.
5. Go to app updates.
6. Now, turn on the toggle for auto-update Instagram.
The Instagram auto-update feature is currently available on Android devices only.
Since using the outdated version of the app is the major reason why there are bugs or errors. Now that you know how to update Instagram, you start using the latest version of the app, you might enjoy using it further. If this, too, doesn’t work, you must try clearing the Instagram app cache.